ART TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
responsibilities & expectations
Art Technology Educator Responsibilities
Instruct the art teacher and students about the major hardware components and software applications used in an educational setting.
• Provide assistance to the art teacher concerning the appropriate hardware and software for an art classroom.
• Provide the art teacher with a breakdown and description of software interfaces commonly used in various art programs.
• Provide the art teacher with a basic understanding and manipulation of programs (such as Painter, and PhotoShop) for the purpose of instruction.
• Provide the art teacher with an outlined plan for implementing a cohesive curriculum that effectively integrates technology with traditional fine art education.
• Educate the art teacher about the limitations as well as advantages of integrating technology with traditional fine art education.
• Provide the art teacher with a basic understanding of the use of the Internet as a vital resource tool.
Art Teacher Expectations
• The art teacher will identify major computer hardware components.
• The art teacher will identify and utilize the basic functions of select software.
• The art teacher will gain the ability to make informed decisions concerning compatible computer hardware in an educational setting.
• The art teacher will demonstrate the ability to make informed decisions concerning the selections and purchase of computer software appropriate to a visual arts education program.
• The art teacher will become knowledgeable concerning the legalities involved in the use and maintenance of computer software.
• The art teacher will become aware of the advantages of technological applications in a visual arts education program.
• The art teacher will become aware of the major obstacles and issues in the relationship of technology and visual arts education.
• The art teacher will investigate the use of the Internet as a resource for visual arts education.
• The art teacher will gain knowledge of the history of computer technology.
Responsibilities Of The School Site
The schools chosen to participate in this program will agree to the following requirements:
• An adequate facility (classroom) for the training that is appropriate for computers and printers (hardware) and support of the programs (software) that will be used.
• Access to the Internet and its resources (not mandatory but highly desirable).
• The full cooperation and commitment of the school site art teacher receiving the training.
• The support of school administrators in the establishment and advancement of future art/technology programs The school site art teacher must be present in the classroom at all times during the art technology specialist's visit.