Why Use Technology in the Art Room?
It is another tool the teacher can use in teaching the art elements and principles of design. Students:
• Will learn to problem solve thereby using critical thinking skills.
• Will learn to work in collaborative groups.
• Will be encouraged to explore art ideas and their imaginations.
• Will learn the concept of thumbnail sketches when they explore/save as. (They will create a drawing, save it, change it by adding different colors or textures, saving it again (by clicking save as and renaming it), then compare the different saved images.)
As students become more competent they can:
• research artists, art movements, and art mediums through the use of art programs on CDs, DVD’s, and the Internet.
• scan drawings and other objects and incorporate into them into their artwork.
• Can learn to use a digital camera to take photos and use them as part of their artwork. • PowerPoint to make a 2-D or clay animation.
• deleope a PowerPoint presentation of research featuring an artist, art period, or create a portfolio their own artwork.