Honors Music Festival
Instructions for Teachers
- You must be a current member of Dade County Music Educators Association (DCMEA) for your students to audition and participate. If you are not a current member, you can register on DCMEA's website.
- Students auditioning for a Middle School or Senior High School ensemble must be enrolled in the corresponding music course/program at their school.
- Review the ensembles below as well as the Audition Information and Dates and Locations. You may print this information for your students.
- Use the online Registration Forms to register your students to audition. The deadline to register students to audition for all ensembles is Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Students may audition for more than one ensemble, but they may participate in only one. The placement of students in ensembles will be the decision of the Superintendent's Honors Music Festival committee.
- Print a copy of the Parent/Student Contract for each student that auditions. NOTE: These must be scanned or photographed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2018 or mailed to the music office by January 10, 2018 in order for the students to audition.
- Be sure that students are prepared to play the audition materials and are able to attend the audition.
- Elementary School Honors Chorus
- Elementary School Honors Guitar Ensemble
- Elementary School Honors String Orchestra
- Elementary School Honors Recorder Ensemble
- Elementary School Honors Percussion Ensemble
- Middle School Honors Chorus
- Middle School Honors String Orchestra
- Middle School Honors Concert Band
- Senior High School Honors Chous
- Senior High School Honors String Orchestra
- Senior High School Honors Concert Band
- Secondary Honors Guitar Ensemble
Next: Audition Information